Unfortunately the summer months can definitely take its toll on your hair. From sand and sun to chlorine and saltwater, all these elements wreak havoc on your hair. They suck the vitality from hair – drying it, fading the colour and reducing shine. Here are a few tips to help you keep your hair strong and beautiful over the summer months so you can rock any beach hairstyle.
Follow these key tips to make sure you can rock that healthy summer hairstyle:
- Conditioner: Make leave in conditioner your new best friend. Slathering it on every morning will combat dryness.
- Wide Tooth Comb: Always carry one with you to banish knots and tangles and make sure to comb your hair after every swim.
- Keep it Natural: Ban yourself from blow-drying your hair and instead leave it to dry naturally to avoid any more heat damage.
- Keep it Down: Leave your hair down while swimming to prevent tangles and be knot free, avoiding damaged and broken hair.
- Clips & Bands: To avoid scalp burn don’t part your hair. Use a hair clip or headband to keep your hair together.
- Wet your Hair before you go Swimming: Your hair can only hold so much water, so if it’s already wet it will not stock up much chlorine or salt.
- Conditioning Treatment: Use deep conditioning treatments to lock in moisture and to nourish your hair during the summer heat.
- Eat Healthy: Studies have shown that omega-3 fatty acids—found in foods such as salmon, spinach, and omega-3-rich eggs—can keep your hair strong and looking healthy and shiny.
- Regular Haircuts: Split ends if left unchecked can work their way upwards leaving hair dull and unmanageable so invest in regular haircuts.
- Protect your Hair: Invest in hair products with UV filters to prevent sun damage, especially if your hair is coloured.
Festival season is upon us so now is the time to start planning that perfect festival hairstyle that is sure to wow the festival crowd. There are so many ways to wear your hair at a festival, it’s just all about getting creative. Whether your hair is short, long, curly or straight, comfort and versatility is the key to achieving the perfect style for being festival ready. Music festivals provide the ultimate outlet for expressing your personal style so complement your festival outfit with a head turning hairstyle. Don’t panic that you don’t have freshly washed hair and you’re without all your beloved styling tools there are plenty of hairstyles that will stand the test of time at any festival. Here are a few festival friendly hairstyles that will save you time and allow you to rock away to your favourite bands while looking festival fabulous.
Sexy tousled boho waves is a perfect festival hairstyle. This hairstyle works better on long naturally wavy hair. However don’t fret if your hair is poker straight simply braid your hair when it’s wet and unravel it when it’s dry. This is a great fuss free style that is easy to manage. Floral headbands look great with this hairstyle creating a cute hippy style. Why not make a bigger impact with this hairstyle and pump up the volume by adding some Hair Extensions. Book a number of salons specializing in Hair Extensions on SalonAddict.co.uk
Braids, French Plaits and Fishtails.
These looks scream festival hairstyles as they are easy to pull off with many options to choose from. They offer an instant style change that is guaranteed to attract a lot of attention. All these hairstyles are ideal as they keep your hair out of the way while still looking gorgeous. Wear them messy and tousled to get that relaxed wind swept look, the messier the better! Get braiding as these hairstyles will stay put all weekend long.
Messy/Top –Knot Buns
This hairstyle is definitely another festival favorite. It’s a perfect hairstyle to end the festival weekend with as it works best with dirty hair. This hairstyle is hassle free and only takes minutes to achieve and works great under any weather conditions. Try adding a colorful scarf or hairband to give the hairstyle some extra edge. Finish the look off by pulling a few strands out to frame the face to make it more chic and trendy.
Don’t forget to pack dry shampoo as it will become your new best friend as it will leave your hair looking fresh and smelling wonderful.
Hair accessories are another big must have. They are great for disguising greasy roots and distracting from knotted tresses.
Prepare your tresses and get them festival ready by booking in for a hair treatment at a number of trendy salons on SalonAddict.co.uk
Concentrate on having fun and forget about having any bad hair days with these fuss free hairstyles!
Thousands have been surveyed and the votes have been cast.
The winners of the SalonAddict.co.uk 2012 Looking Good Awards are as follows: (Drum Roll)
Best Online Fashion Store
Best Online Shoe Retailer
Best Online Beauty Store
Best Accessories Website
Best Website for News, Fashion, Beauty and Lifestyle
Best Beauty Blog
Best Fashion Blog
Best Youtube Beauty Vlogger
Best Online Fashion Boutique
Best Online Jewellery Shop
Thanks to everyone that voted!
The SalonAddict Team